Saturday, June 20, 2015

Baby Ned: Five Months Old


Documenting Ned turning five months old by the skin of my teeth. Right at bed time I realized that we hadn't taken month day pictures, eek! Thankfully it was still a touch light outside so we flew out the door armed with the camera, but of course, naked. Sorry my sweet third baby, I am trying but it just doesn't show.
This past month, Mr Edison checked off quite a few milestones. He started rolling over, back to front, then a few days later, front to back. He now talks up a storm and loves playing with his feet. He stayed with a sitter (Minky) while Mommy worked, and flew in a plane to Boston. And when I came down with a lovely case of shingles, he tried some formula to supplement his meals. It wasn't love, but he was a good sport and drank it anyway. 
 Still no teeth, but the boy loves to chew. He is an expert at getting things to his mouth where he tries to gum them to death.
When you eat in his presence he watches like a hawk and chews right along. I think solids are in the near future.
He loves his Mommy, but Otto and Daddy are favorite. Any time he hears Chris's voice he will scan the room looking for him, and will even interrupt a meal to smile at his Dad.

I feel that we have reached the peak of plumpness:( He has developed neck muscles and is really starting to move…I'm trying to be okay with this, but you better believe his first food will be avocado.
He continues to be a very happy guy, going right along with whatever we're doing. Napping has become a touch of a struggle since returning from our trip, he now prefers to be held while falling asleep…total bummer I tell you. Having to cuddle a squishy, sleepy baby is one of the harder things in life.  
We love LOVE you Ned.

No comments:

Post a Comment