Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of School!



Otto had his first day of Preschool today! He is going to a local, two day a week class. And he's pretty pumped.
Otto and Mrs Pam!
We got a late start this morning, I had to wake him up at 8:30 and school starts at nine! It was a race to get his oatmeal down and then we were out the door. 

He was all confidence walking in, and even tried to tell me good-bye in the parking lot. Not gonna happen, buddy. 
He was all smiles for pictures then said, "I'll miss you Mom, bye." Meredith and I took our cue and left.

…and that's when the real drama began. 

Otto is Meri's best friend. Like, bestie forever and ever. She started calling him Otto-Bud, and is always up in his business imitating him and admiring anything he does. She was devastated that we were leaving him. 

Cried all the way to the car and through errand number one. I finally adjusted his car seat and let her sit on his side, which was consoling. The secretary at stop number two gave her M&M's to her overcome the tragedy of her day. All morning she kept reminding me that we needed to pick Otto up and you bet we were first in line, interrupting quiet time to get her buddy!


Otto had a great day according to his teacher but refuses to talk about it. He says it's a surprise. His only moment of distress came when Mrs. Pam suggested he leave his nap mat in his cubby. Oh no thank you, we took his 'sleeping bag' home. 
Home, "naked, because I'm not at school anymore."
Nap mat was made from this tutorial, and is green, gold, and covered in snakes…not my pick, but he loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Landry cries for Emmy and they go to the same school! "My Em-meee... My Em-mmeee"... it's pitiful and adorable at the same time. Sometimes the teachers give up and walk her to see Emmy one more time. :)

    ReplyDelete