Thursday, January 16, 2014

This Week in List Form

1. The poor kids have had yucky colds this week so we've been staying in. The only week this month where we had real events and playdates scheduled and everything has been canceled because of germs.

2. Chris put new tires on our stroller recently, and the kids and I broke out of the house today for some fresh air. Lots of migrating ducks have set up residence in the park across the street. They're smart though, and swam away quickly when Otto and Meri started hurling popcorn at them.

3. There has been hair drama at our house this week. It was almost a good thing that the littles are sick…I didn't have to leave the house looking like I'd been run over by a lawn mower. I went in for a quick trim at one of those strip mall chain salons--worst idea ever. This was the result of asking for a light layer two inches up. Yeah, I totally ran out of there, cried over it at home and consumed an entire loaf of bread.
Thankfully, I found a really great stylist who fixed it for me. Shout out to Crystal, we are BFF's for life.

4. Other than the hair issue, I've been on a lucky streak lately. In December I won two different contests, a fabric bundle and a dozen professionally decorated cookies. Good things come in three's right? I've been entering contest like crazy while crossing my fingers that this is true. Last night I dreamed that I won the kids an iPad, so we're just going to speak it into existence that I have the lucky gene like my great-grandmother until they actually get that iPad. My great-grandmother would enter raffles, then give the ticket away as a gift, she was that sure she would win. Cross your fingers and toes for me people!

5. I've been doing some sewing again! (Wow, this list is really all about me.) A past customer on Etsy contacted me for a themed birthday dress.
Otto was impressed. He loves Doc McStuffins (little girl who doctors her stuffed animals, while wearing pink and purple), and really wanted me to make a dress for him as well. Maybe a doctor coat instead?

I've also added a few super fun throw pillows to the shop. When we bought our new couch (didn't post a picture of that, did I? Oops!) I went a little nuts ordering fabrics trying to find the perfect match for throw pillows. I'm posting the few (okay, several, I have a problem.) that didn't work in the room in an attempt to clear out Chris' office, which is also know as 'Lydia's fabric storage unit'.
If you see something you like, shoot me a Facebook message and I'll send you a 25% off code.

6. When you have sick kids, Pinterest is really a life saver. We've been trolling the site for fun ideas, and came across a copycat recipe for Chickfila nuggets. Since, you know, I totally have a baby deep fryer, the kids and I made them for dinner last night.
Pretty good! More dry than the restaurant version, but that could be because our cook times leaned towards overdone as raw chicken isn't our favorite. I've also heard a rumor that CFA brines their chicken (possibly in pickle juice??), which would make a big difference. Very good, and we'll definitely make them again sometime.

7. Otto really enjoys the story of David and Goliath. At bedtime the other night he told it to me instead of the normal reverse, "Once upon a time, there was a great big giant named Goliath. And he was really, really tall. He was TWO (!!!) feet tall. " My Mom suggested trying to trace Goliath's actual dimensions to give Otto a visual of how big he really was, so we hit up Google for the info and headed to the front drive.
Goliath and Otto's version of David. "He's really little Mom."
Apparently, Goliath was somewhere around 9'6 while David was approximated at 5'2. Pretty nuts.
Look who finally decided that writing his name is cool again!

8. My new favorite station on Pandora is 'Hymns'. I have, ahem, juvenile taste in music, and most of what I listen too isn't really child appropriate. This station is all classic hymns, mostly instrumental, with a few well sung traditional numbers thrown in. Very nice for back ground noise. (I know siblings, I've straight up turned into Mom.) I don't like most contemporary Christian music, "Breath of God, you are my lover." really just doesn't do it for me, but this station is lovely.

9. Look what else I Chris did to decrease the fabric stash!
I found three of these chairs for cheap and they are super sturdy, and minus the hotel style fabric, really cute!

10. Otto took some selfies with my phone today. Love this kid and the way he kept saying, "Oh, that's stylish!".

Night!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! & holy smokes, that dress is way cute!!

    ReplyDelete