Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Morning Report!

Exclamation points all around!!!!!

Abbey is much improved this morning! She is awake, asking about what happened, and smiling! Thank you all SO MUCH for the kind thoughts and prayers!

They are slowly disconnecting her wires and various cords. She is tired with good reason, blood draws every two hours and the traumatic last few days are nothing to scoff at. As of right now she is still not allowed any food or drink, because her pancreas is inflamed from either the virus or from attacks from her immune system.

Today's focus is figuring out why this happened, and how to move forward. They have switched her insulin from iv to injection, and she will have to continue injections before meals for the foreseeable future. This morning Abbey and my parents will get a crash course in the future home care that is required. They are still in ICU, but she has been down graded and now gets to share a nurse with another patient.

My Dad sounded so relieved on the phone (we all are!), and is happy to report that while she is tired, she is definitely all Abbey! So incredibly glad that there has been no damage to her brain! God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww go Abbey!! Hang in there kiddo! I've never met any of you, but you all are such a beautiful family.

    Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relieved to hear there is no permanent damage to her brain. I know this had to have been a super scary and terrible experience for Abbey, your mom and dad and the whole Giles clan really. I've been praying hard and I know the whole world has been really. So glad God is good and heard our cries for sweet Abbey! Thank you for the update! While I've only met her once in person, I was super worried about Abbey and I feel better knowing that she will be okay. I know she has a long, hard road ahead of her but she is a Giles after all and y'all can do anything in my opinion! No sickness, diabetes included, will get a Giles woman down!

    ReplyDelete