Monday, November 12, 2012

Aunt Lala's Shower

My kid's sweet Aunt Lala (Chris' younger sister) is having a little boy in January. We are so, SO excited to meet this little guy, and on Saturday helped host a shower for him at my parent's house. He is going to be one loved baby; my siblings are just as excited for him to get here!
Doesn't she do pregnant well?
These pinwheels were my favorite decoration, and so easy to make!
We had 'Words of Wisdom' cards for the guests to fill out. I found the idea on Pinterest and made one in the very high tech Paintbrush. 
Michael filled one out, and it was hilarious! I wish I had taken a picture of it, the bottom section went something like, "Say goodbye to friends (because you won't have time for any!) and hello to couponing and sewing ALL your clothes.". Good grief, I think those things are fun!  

Angela and her mom, Lisa, one of the best Nana's I know!
Lisa made this diaper cake, which turned out so cute. 
And she made the cake! Adorable and delicious! Baby Stepp's nursery has a brown owl theme, so this cake was perfect. 
Justin's mom, Jan, is going to be Meme. Meredith loved her, she is definitely going to be an excellent grandmother. 
This little guy has three (!) great-grandmothers, how neat is that?
Meri enjoyed the party immensely. She's been having a little stranger anxiety lately, so I was (pleasantly) surprised that she did so well. She even skipped her nap just so she wouldn't miss anything. 
 
The little guy got lots of needed things and adorable clothes. It was great to get together and celebrate a much loved little boy! And look, there's my Mom! I somehow didn't get any other picture of her:( 
Counting down until December 26th;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for doing that for us! It was awesome! I think you should be my permanent party planner! :) And Michaels "Words of Wisdom" are great! I think I should frame it and hang it in the baby room! :)

    ReplyDelete