Monday, October 29, 2012

65th Anniversary

On November 1st my paternal grandparents will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. Quite an accomplishment, especially when you consider that they got married at 26!
They recently move closer to my parents so my Mom planned an anniversary lunch at a local restaurant. 
My Gaw-Gaw had my Nana's engagement and wedding rings repaired. I think she was very happy to have them back! Apparently the set lost a few stones when she had to climb over a fence because my (three year old) father had locked her out of the house. I'm beginning to see where Otto gets it. 
Doesn't my grandfather have excellent taste?
The cake table had their wedding and fiftieth anniversary photos, along with wedding photos from their children and (three married) grandchildren. They have set quite the example of an enduring marriage for us all. 
My parents! 30 years last June. 
Aunt Becky, my father's sister, and Uncle Bobby, 28 years in December!
RJ and Beth (Becky and Bobby's youngest), just celebrated their second anniversary. 
Josh, who also belongs to Becky & Bobby, and Leah, 2 years!
Our little family! We've been married fours years but I think we should get bonus points for the babies, little people are hard work! (My parents are in triple overtime bonus land if marriage is on a point system.)
This was Meri's first time meeting my Dad's side of the family, and she was the life of the party. People are her jam. 
Uncle Sam!
Leah getting some cuddles!
My Aunt Becky practicing her great-aunt skills. Poor Meredith was just a little exhausted from all the fun. 
Four generations! I love that my children have gotten to meet their great grandparents, especially since they have set such an example for them. 
Happy Anniversary Nana and Gaw-Gaw!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming and helping to make the day special for your grandfolks.
    : D

    ReplyDelete