Sunday, July 1, 2012

Meredith is Two Months!

Miss Meri is already two months old!
Mom, I think she looks like you in this picture.
She likes to be swaddled and worn in the Ktan, and is happiest when someone is in her line of vision. Otto absolutely loves her and she thinks he is amazing. He is normally the first to respond when she cries, I have to run to get to her before he does. So far, he hastn't been sucessful in picking her up, but I know it's coming:-/
Duck lips!
And, although she enjoys sitting up right and looking around, tummy time is still a big fail. The back of her head is getting a bit flat, so we are definitely going to need to work on her tummy skills a little more. 
She is a very happy girl. I might be her favorite source of comfort right now, but Daddy is sooo funny.
She wears a size one diaper and 0-3 month clothes but a few newborn things still fit. She is almost exclusively bottle fed, with the exception of feedings in the middle of the night. During the day she gets frantic and frustrated, so I pump and she happily takes a bottle. So far I have been able to keep up with her demands, but have definitely noticed a difference in supply compared to when Otto was nursing. Her hair is still awesome, and has a mind of it's own. Today she was sporting a pretty serious comb over because I tried to control the 'fro after her bath last night with little success.
Our days are starting to develop a routine, with a good nap in the morning, afternoon, and catnap over dinner. She is ready for bed by seven, and normally wakes up once or twice in the night to eat before waking for the day at 6:30. Occasionally we can get her to doze in our bed until Otto wakes up a little before eight.
We have a check-up with the pediatrician tomorrow, so I'll add her stats later. The two month appointment is the first with shots, so pray for us please? Specifically that Otto and I don't take out the nurse, and that Meredith tolerates them well.
Shots, you say? I am not amused.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment Lydia! I think Meri Mae is definitely a keeper and the sweetest of dolls!
    You can be assured I will be praying today!!!!
    <3 Mom & "Minky"

    ReplyDelete