Monday, April 30, 2012

Update on the Doslet

Today was my 39 (and four days) week appointment.

Because I've been noticing some changes (Braxton hicks all the time, some cervical mucous, and hormonally whacked out--Chris and Abbey are thrilled to be living with me I tell you.) over the last few days, I asked her to check and see if we'd made any progress.

I'm two pounds shy of the weight I was when we went into labor with Otto, but have significantly less water retention this time, so my hind quarters must be larger. I'm dilated to 3cm and 50% effaced. After six hours of labor with Otto we were a three! Very encouraging that this will be a slightly shorter process compared to last time. *fingers crossed* Her head is fully engaged (aren't you glad I'm over-sharing?) but she's still too high to determine anterior or posterior.

She gets until next Monday to make her appearance on her own, then after a biophysical profile, we'll discuss her living situation and ways to evict her. Hopefully she decides to come out on her own before then. (With a spectacularly short, pain free labor--Ahahahaha!)

Guys, I'm getting close to being absolutely done. Being this pregnant is intense, and a little rough. If my carpets were shampooed, last major list item, I'm pretty sure I'd go into labor before the ink dried from crossing it off the list.

(And for the record, I know it sounds like I'm complaining, totally am. But I am SO GRATEFUL that she has had the opportunity to fully cook. It's just reaching the end, dreading the process of labor, and not knowing the specifics of when and how that's killing me.)

Current picture of ridiculously pregnant Lydia? Here you go.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen anyone this ready to pop but then again most mommies are too afraid to take pictures of themselves 38+ weeks
    What does Otto think of your tummy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,
    You look radiantly BEAUTIFUL and only pregnant looking where you should look pregnant!! I think every mom gets the jitters at this point because God's ways are not our ways but you know as well as I do, that His ways are prefect. My Grandma told me that the next time I was in a huge crowd I needed to realize that a woman did it for each one of them! Honey you were made to have babies and are going to do GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! I love seeing your pregnant pictures! They make me happy! I'm glad you're my sister-in-law!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love ridiculously pregnant Lydia! So cute. And glad to hear you're at 3cm already! Kane's birth was like Otto's...didn't reach a 3 until many hours of labor (at the hospital too because my labor started with a major water break). Can't wait to hear the whole birth story!

    ReplyDelete