Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Review

We had a fun weekend, and I took pictures so it warranted a blog post:)

On Saturday morning, which was super rainy by the way, I was browsing Craigslist and saw a set of patio furniture. I generally have the worst luck and am the second or third person to call, just missing whatever item I've been searching for. But as luck would have it, this time I was the second person but the first to answer when the guy was making call backs! Chris met the man at his storage unit, in the pouring rain, and brought this home. So excited to have furniture for the back porch!
Otto was pumped to wake up from his nap today to a couch on the porch. While I was taking pictures he insisted on one of himself. He's into seeing the picture immediately:)
The night before he loved making the cushions (with water spots from the rain) into a fort. He is so fun right now, really enjoying games.

My grandparents, who live in Richardson, having been having some major health difficulties and my parents have been back and forth the last few weekends to help them. My mom came over Saturday night and spent the night with us for a little break. Otto was thrilled to see her! He must have been trying to impress her as well because he slept the entire night in his own bed. Yay buddy! He also enjoyed having someone to eat oatmeal with this morning:)

We also tried a couple of new restaurants this weekend. Saturday night Dos was needing some red meat and so we went to In and Out Burger. They've recently brought the chain to the Metroplex, and we were excited to try it. Sadly, it wasn't that great. They have the right idea, serving one thing and lots of it, but my burger tasted odd and Otto, while he enjoyed a dinner of chocolate shake and french fries, was still starving when we got home. Tonight we went to Chuy's, which also has just opened, and it was much better. Otto ate like a man and sadly so did I. I'm currently propped up in the easy chair hoping to ward off heartburn:(  But I totally recommend it if you're in the mood for Mexican food, very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment