Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lydia the Pregnant Lady {Thrity-one Weeks}

The Highlights:
How far along: Thirty-one weeks. We're down to the single digits people! (Or not, hopefully this girl doesn't take after her older brother in the cooking department. Let's be on time Dos, okay?)
How big is baby: About the size of a pineapple. Strangely enough, I had an allergic reaction to pineapple this week. My tongue was swollen and my mouth itched for about four hours. No more tropical fruit for awhile. :(
Weight gain/loss: 27 pounds plus some Oreos and a bag of sour Starburst jelly beans. Next weigh-in is Monday.  
Maternity clothes: As much as I love solid colored tee's, wearing them while pregnant is rough...two of the three new shirts I bought have spots on them already:( Being clumsy by nature and have a bump that sticks out don't really mesh well.
Stretch marks: Starting to glow a little. Most have faded to shiny skin and are beginning to appear transparent. My belly is beautiful. Not.
Sleep: Nap-time for Mommy has been instigated. I just can't make it past about 7:30 if I don't nap, and if I do nothing gets accomplished:( But I regretted not napping the day I went into labor with Otto, so nap-time it is! Sleep at night is pretty good, only one consistent night time bathroom trip currently. 57 million during the day though. (Actually today it was ten, plus probably two more before bedtime, so 12 total. And we have another TWO months to go! The frequency only increases from here out.)
Best Moment of the Week: Making a few little girl things! Otto has been very helpful (ha!) while the sewing machine is out, so progress was slower than it could have been but I did make her a couple of flowery burp cloths and a onesie to wear when she meets her Aunt Sarah. It has a camera on it:) 
Movement: She's getting bold, tries to climb out via my ribcage.The lower right side was really sore for a couple of days this week from all the headbutts. She is getting the hiccups a couple of times a day, which is great for determining her position--she is still flipping a few times a day.
Symptoms: Starting to really feel all the extra weight I'm carrying around. By the end of the day my belly is sore from being pummeled, and my lower back and feet are done. 
Food Cravings: Tomatoes are being a little nicer, and protein is a must. I'm hungry all the time, even waking up in the middle of the night starving. This is probably going to be reflected oh so beautifully on the scale next week at the doctor's.
Gender: Little girl!
Labor Signs: None so far. I did go back and read Otto's birth story...probably not the best idea, makes me nervous. 
Belly button in or out: No miracle cure yet, it's still out.  
What I am Looking Forward too: The consignment sale on Monday, it's going to be fun to look for girl and guy things! 
Daddy: Saw the newborn sized onesie I was appliqueing and was a little shocked by the size.(Me too, they are so tiny! Otto could wear it as a hat.) Is continuing his quest to become more fit. Normally I would be 100% supportive, but not while I'm lumbering around the house looking for jelly beans and barely being able to chase Otto. Chris has a goal of riding his bike to work...it's eleven miles one way. I can't walk more than one mile right now without my umbilical hernia getting testy. 
Otto: Tried to host story-time at the library...while the librarian was reading aloud to the room. He just stood in front of her and started a conversation with the kids in the front row:-/ Needless to say, we will be skipping story-time for awhile. Still waking up at night on occasion and still is very difficult to sleep with. Learned how to say 'Mer!' (come here) today, complete an open/close hand gesture.

No picture again this week...While I did shower, today was a pajama day and no one needs to see that. Next week the size difference should be really noticeable!

1 comment:

  1. You are precious! I'm getting excited to meet your daughter too: D

    ReplyDelete