Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lydia the Pregnant Lady {Thirty-two Weeks}

The Highlights:
How far along: 32 weeks
How big is baby: 3.75 pounds is the Babycenter estimate. She really starting to pack on the pounds, just like her Momma.
Weight gain/loss: 30 pounds. At least by my count. My obstetrician solidified herself in the 'Lydia will love you forever' club by saying that her count only has it at twenty-six. Something about still being in the twenties makes me feel better about the fact that most of the maternity clothes (I just bought!) are getting tight. Pretty much on track to gain what I did with Otto at this point, which is totally fine...depressing, but totally fine. I need to just keep chanting 'Healthy baby is the goal, healthy baby'.
Maternity clothes: Getting snug in the shoulders (?) and warm...if my legs weren't neon white I'd break out the shorts. Might have to anyway, better invest in sunglasses to protect yourself from the glare people! 
Stretch marks: I'm just waiting for the day I start sprouting more...I know it's coming. 
Sleep: Co-sleeping again, Otto must be getting us warmed up for having a newborn again. And although our sleep is broken, I think a tiny part of both Chris and myself enjoys it. Otto isn't the kind of kid that likes to snuggle and all of the sudden he wants to be touching both of us at the same time? We'll take it. 
Best Moment of the Week: Making a successful baby project without having to rip a seam. Seriously, my brain has been fried lately and caused me to make several silly mistakes while sewing last week. So frustrating. But today I used a new pattern to make crib sheets and it worked on the first try!
Movement: She's still getting the hiccups quite a bit and her movement it much stronger. Made me jump a few times this week:) 
Symptoms: My back has realized that it's pregnant:( But other than that and the cheeseburger incident I've been feeling pretty good this past week, even my joints have been behaving.
Food Cravings: As much as I love a good cheeseburger right now, we're probably going to avoid them for awhile. Pretty sure that was the culprit for the 'almost dying in JoAnn's' event. 
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nothing yet although a couple of muscle cramps reminded me how fun labor is going to be.  
Belly button in or out: Really, really out and sore. It's obvious that something isn't quite right and if it gets bumped, wowza! Talk about sensitive. But I think the only real treatment would be to wear a darling little support belt and I'm just not that uncomfortable yet. Vanity is still in play here.  
What I am Looking Forward too: Reaching the finish line...being pregnant is work!
Daddy: Busy with school, learned a new bear cub calming technique (on Jay Leno of all places) and has been practicing it on Otto. It works pretty well.
Otto: Loves to help with the dishes. This morning I found a freshly washed Weeble in the dishwasher. Also is really into helping with any kitchen activity, my desk chair is about to be banished to the garage. He uses it to help himself to anything on the counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment