Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lydia the Pregnant Lady {Thirty-three Weeks}

The Highlights:
How far along: 33 weeks. Aren't three's such pretty numbers? My favorite.
How big is babyBabyCenter says 17 inches and a little over four pounds, but if she is anywhere near Otto's size she's probably closer to five pounds by now. And trust me, I think she is...
Weight gain/loss: Didn't weigh this week! 
Maternity clothes: It's getting warm here and wearing jeans everyday isn't going to work. One of my recently un-pregnant friends passed on a pair of shorts (thanks Sarah!) and I think Otto and I will go hunt down a few extra long tank tops soon. 
Stretch marks: Nothing new but the belly is itchy, I know they are coming:(
Sleep: Waking up to roll over, it's a very complex process these days.  
Best Moment of the Week: Flowers in the front bed blooming, so cheerful and right outside Dos' future room!
Movement: She still has room to flip, although she is head down right now and has the hiccups. I can tell it's more difficult for her now though. When she flips it feels like she is doing a K turn, lots of scooting. 
Symptoms:  The swelling has really kicked in:( I had a few days over the last month with a little swelling, but this last week I can feel it in my hands and my feet by bedtime. It always starts with the ring toe of my left foot, which I broke as a kid and must have damaged a vein that hinders blood return. It's a great indicator to take a break and go lay down for a bit.
Food Cravings: Meat was not so yummy this week, but I did buy some Cabot's cheese that is delicious!
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: Nada this week. 
Belly button in or out: Out and firm, totally skeeving even me out.
What I am Looking Forward too: The non-swollen days. Fat feet aren't sexy. And sexy is the goal while pregnant people, duh.
Daddy: Appears calm but can tell you the exact amount of time left until her due date thanks to a little program he wrote and keeps on his desktop at work. I think it's sweet that he wrote her a computer program. Dos, you're really in the club! Has a midterm for school this upcoming week and is being just a tiny bit of a firstborn about it. (Tense and preparing thoroughly)
Otto: His current favorite place in whole world is our bed. During the day we hear a lot of 'Up, peese!'. Today he, and his spatula, played there for about thirty minutes. His second favorite activity is washing dishes in the kitchen sink. Sleep is still a toss up, most nights he ends up in bed with us. I think it's partially because of spring allergies making it uncomfortable for him to sleep flat in his bed and partially because Mom and Dad's bed is cooler than mine. Chris has already mapped out how we are going to fit both kiddo's in bed with us and sadly it doesn't involve a bigger bed, pretty much calls for every other person sleeping in opposite directions. :-/

1 comment:

  1. It always starts with the ring toe of my left foot, which I broke as a kid and must have damaged a vein that hinders blood return. It's a great indicator to take a break and go lay down for a bit. http://www.memoryfoammattress-guide.org/

    ReplyDelete