Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lydia the Pregnant Lady {Twenty-eight Weeks}

Twenty-eight weeks means seven months, correct? Dang. As my little sister says, "I need to get moving on making cute little girl things!"
The Highlights:
How far along: 28 weeks.
How big is baby: 2 1/4 pounds and about 15 inches according to Babycenter. I feel like she's probably a little bigger than that. 
Weight gain/loss: 23.5 pounds. But the good news is my belly is balancing out the butt lately, I look a little more proportioned! 
Maternity clothes: All the time. Unless I'm wearing a worn out pair of yoga pants from Ny&Co that they don't make anymore, I am crushed about this, they are so comfortable. 
Stretch marks: In rare moments of craziness I consider posting a picture of my stretched out, bare belly in all it's glory. You know, as a psa for hormonal teenagers. I guarantee it would scare them right into a convent. 
Sleep: Haha. See previous two posts about that. 
Best Moment of the Week: Getting a box of baby (girl!) clothes from a friend. Little girl stuff is so pink!
Movement: She was literally shaking my stomach and I told Chris she was practicing her dance moves (shake what your momma gave ya!), he was not amused. She, apparently, will not be booty dancing. I also felt the hiccups for sure this week.
Symptoms: Starting to waddle more and more, bending over is starting to become a joke. Thankfully the muscle cramps disappeared this week, yay for mineral supplements! 
Food Cravings: No cravings this week...I was nauseous for the better part of the week, possibly a GI bug or she was sitting on something important. Feeling much better now though and very thankful that the first trimester doesn't last the entire pregnancy!
Gender: A girl! 
Labor Signs: Nada. Mentally I'm starting to get nervous though...:-/
Belly button in or out: Surprisingly didn't get any more pronounced this week. Thank God for small miracles.
What I am (NOT) Looking Forward too: More comments like the one I got at the grocery store this week. "Are you sure you're going to make it to May?!" Most likely, yes. But thank you deli lady for pointing out how freakishly pregnant I look when I still have three months to go
Daddy: I think even he is impressed at how fast this little girl is cooking. Pregnancy goes by so much faster when you are chasing a toddler! Has a generic answer of "You're cute." when I freak out about how big I'm getting. Wise man, very wise.
Otto: Is getting so big. He moves so quickly these days, and I move slower, which isn't the best combination. Watching him 'run' is pretty much the cutest thing ever, I need to get it on video. This week he's been more cuddly, which is nice. I'm looking forward to having a little baby again just for the snuggle time!

No picture tonight...it's been a long day. But I did measure the belly--38.5 inches around at my belly button. She has got to be more than two pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment