Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lydia the Pregnant Lady {Twenty-four Weeks}

 Happy dance! 24 weeks is that all important 'viability' date! This little peanut would have a fighting chance if she decided to come out. (Please don't though baby, okay?)

The Highlights:
How far along: Twenty-four weeks. Six months, wow!
How big is baby: A cute little ear of corn, somewhere over a pound. 
Weight gain/loss: I've tossed my scale in the closet, because it apparently stops measuring accurately at about ten pounds over my happy weight. My OB says I'm up 16 pounds, which feels about right according to the fit of my pants (tight!). I'll just be updating weight after in-office weigh-ins from now on. It's just too depressing otherwise.
Maternity clothes: Yes, most shirts and the belly band is starting to not cut it anymore...I feel the full blown maternity pants coming soon. 
Stretch marks: Yes.
Sleep: Exhausted at night and fall asleep easily but waking up early...which is lame!
Best Moment of the Week: Getting to wander the girl aisles at Target!
Movement: Still so strange. The full body flipping always weirds me out, it's the most bizarre feeling! And you can see it from the outside now. 
Symptoms: Heartburn...yeouch! Also certain joints are starting to melt, if I sit in one position too long I kind of stagger a bit when I get up until things loosen up. I have not  been doing thigh presses but it sure feels like it.
Food Cravings: Cooked tomatoes hate me. Even washing a dish they've been on makes me squeamish. Also not handling sweets well anymore, the heartburn is back:(
Gender: A girl! 
Labor Signs: Random Braxton Hicks, but not many. 
Belly button in or out: The top half is pretty much out.
What I am Looking Forward too: All of it? Girl clothes, working on her room, getting BIG! (The bigger I get the closer we are to meeting her!)
Daddy: Actually brought up names this week! We've been talking (a little) about her name, but nothing is for sure yet. We're in the ideas stage for sure. If you have any suggestions we'll take them!
Otto: Cutest little boy ever. He's really turning into his own person lately and has decided that books are awesome  and wants to read all the time. (I'm so happy about this, we were starting to think he didn't enjoy fiction like Chris.) He also learned how to spin in circles, 'float' on his back in the tub, and jump off the dining table bench. (from his bottom thank goodness, he's acts like he's on a slide.) He has been loving his baby doll, always asking for her when he wakes up:)
Man, being pregnant with a girl is so different than a boy! It's baby everywhere and not in a good way!

Otto is also doing a GREAT job feeding himself, tonight we had spaghetti for dinner and he actually ate it! (Because he was feeding himself...it obviously tastes better when the hand holding the spoon isn't Mommy's. And the big spoon is also preferred, we do have little people spoons he just doesn't want to use them.) He also knew that I was videoing him and does a trick;)

No comments:

Post a Comment