Thursday, September 1, 2011

Anna's Shower!

Ok, so like I said my friend Anna was visiting Texas last week and we (me, my Mom, and three ladies who love Anna very much) threw her a baby shower.
Baby Shipley is also a surprise (props to you Anna, I couldn't resist the temptation to find out!) so the shower colors were pink and blue. Abbey stayed the previous week with me and we made some fun decorations. This was the table area, before food. Silly me, I didn't take many pictures:(
I love the way the pin wheels came out! We found the tutorial HERE, and they were so easy. For the size we made we used 12x12 scrapbook paper. The pom-poms were from a youtube video, and Abbey put them together.  We also had a onsie clothesline, that the guest decorated, and a stash of diapers that people wrote midnight messages on, but of course I didn't get a picture. I really should be hauled out to the back yard and tossed into the snake infested pool.
Everybody had such adorable ideas, they came out great!

Anna at 24 weeks.
Anna and her sisters, Audrey and Haylee.
Otto was a hot mess during the shower. So many people to talk to and tackle! Ally is the youngest of a large family and was great with him, he thought she was pretty neat too:)
He's saying 'Hhhh' (Hi!) to someone:)
The hostess gift (car seat) was delivered to our house earlier in the week and Otto had partially unwrapped it several times. He was thrilled that Anna let him help unwrap it all the way!
The little lady to the left is Anna's Great-grandmother, and the baby's great-great-grandmother. Six generations!

The Wood ladies! (We missed you Kim, Jennie, and Emily!)
Katie, Christina, Ally, and their Mom, Sandy.
Anna, Otto, and I. Quite a difference from this picture, right?
Other than me not taking all the pictures I had planned, the shower was a great success. Anna and baby received lots of great things that will make the first few weeks much simpler and we all got to see adorably pregnant Anna! Can't wait to meet Baby Shipley, swing through Fort Worth next time you're in Texas, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment