Thursday, May 19, 2011

This is Our House: (Otto's Room)

When we found out we were having a boy, I decided right away that we wouldn't go with the traditional blue and white theme. I had grand plans for grey with lots of textures and elephants. Ha! What did we end up with? Blue and white, and I love it:)
Otto seems to like it too. The flags above the crib are a recent addition, he is attracted flags/banners/signs when we are in stores or schools so a few weeks ago we added some to his room. The pictures above the bed and toy box were all taken by Sarah:)
His curtains and corner chair were in our living room while in college, I found them at Ikea. The mirror is from Pier One and used to be in the living room as well. Otto's Nana found and refinished the changing table and dresser for us, both of which worked perfectly with the crib that we found on Craigslist. The crib converts into a toddler bed and then to a full, which I am excited about because I love it's shape.

The door on the right goes into the hall. Otto's toy box was a Christmas gift from his Nana and the center strip is magnetic. As soon as he stops chewing on things for fun we will break out the alphabet magnets that came with it!
Hopefully I will be able to find a chair that will fit the little activity table, but for now it just holds the fan we use for white noise and book overflow from the dresser. In the future we will probably transition to a full size dresser and exchange the changing table with a bookcase.

(Excuse the photo quality of this post, I was using the point and shoot while he napped, and I stink at picture taking.)

1 comment:

  1. His room looks awesome! I love the pennant banner, we just put one around the top in Jory's room! (I'm mildly obsessed with them) And that bookcase/dresser is too cool!

    ReplyDelete