Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Electric!

So our yard is awesome (read: neglected for a long time before we bought the house)  and hasn't needed to be mowed since we moved in. (In October!) But over the last few weeks the dandelions have been making an attempt at a hostile take over so Chris stopped by Lowe's on the way home from work and picked out our first lawn mower. He did his research before hand and brought home this bad boy.

That ladies and gentlemen, is an electric lawn mower.  And my electrical engineering husband is positively giddy about it. :) According to his calculations mowing our little slice of heaven will only cost .10 cents! And that makes me positively giddy. :)

It works! And is much quieter than a gas mower, which is a perk. Otto was very content to watch from the sidewalk.
(Hello, picnik.com where have you been all my life!?)

There's only one issue with having a lawn mower that you have to plug in...the cord. Apparently you can't run it over or mow the yard in circles, especially when you an ornamental tree smack dab in the middle.

But, so far so good. Now to get the grass to grow faster than the weeds:)

2 comments:

  1. Nice mower, Good looking yard boy and amazingly super cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Picnik! Isn't it awesome?! I actually downloaded Picasa for free and I edit all of my pictures in Picnik directly from Picasa. (I hope that made sense.) :)

    ReplyDelete