Saturday, November 20, 2010

My blog is being taken over!

...by sweet grocery deals! This couponing business is so. much. fun!

Otto is shocked and amazed by the awesomeness:) 
How many cookies did you buy Mommy?!

 
Here's what we bought:
4 boxes of cereal (2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 1 Lucky Charms, 1 Trix) (Chris is a little bit of a cereal fan, so anytime I can get it for under a dollar a box I buy several.)
1 Wheat Thins
1 Ritz Crackers
2 Grands Cinnamon Rolls
10 packages of Break and Bake cookies

Total before sales and coupons? 53.23

I only paid 9.78! And I have a catalina (store coupon) for a dollar off my next shopping trip! SWEET!

Here's how you can do this too! Because of the catalina that prints (1.00 off your next transaction when you buy four Pillsbury products in the same purchase) I did three transactions in the self check out line.

Transaction One: (I'm not sure why the ecoupon and manufacturer coupons worked together. I don't think that normally happens, but still a good deal even without them! Load your store card on Cellfire.com)
Cereal 2.49 a box
-.55 off Trix ecoupon
-.55 off Lucky Charms ecoupon
-4.00 store promotion for buying 4 boxes
-1.00/2 boxes of GM cereal manufacturer coupon (used two, from the 11/14 Sunday paper)


2  Nabisco Crackers on sale 1.99 a box
- 1.00 off Nabisco crackers (used two, 11/14 Sunday paper)


4 Pillsbury cookies on sale 2.49
-1.00/2 ecoupon
-4.00 store promotion for buying four
-1.25/2 blinkie machine near cookies (used two)


Total: 6.04 and a 1.00 catalina printed!

Transaction Two:
4 Pillsbury cookies on sale 2.49
-4.00 store promotion for buying four
-1.25/2 blinkie machine near cookies (used two)
-1.00 catalina


Total: 2.46 and another catalina printed!

Transaction Three:
2 Pillsbury cookies on sale 2.49
2 Grands Cinnamon Rolls 2.49
-4.00 store promotion for buying four
-1.25/2 blinkie machine near cookies (used one)
-.50/1 Grands Cinnamon rolls (used two, 11/14 Sunday paper) (these doubled)
-1.00 catalina

Total: 1.28 and another catalina printed! (This one I saved for my next shopping trip!)

Michael, come see me and I will feed you all the cookies you want. :)

PS: If you invite me to a holiday party, guess what I'm bringing?! Cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart,
    I could have saved $9.78 here! ; )
    Now that little kid , he's a jewel.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so where do you find all these coupons/know where to get them that certain week? How many sunday papers do you buy?

    ReplyDelete