Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roadside Score

Yesterday Otto and I took a load of boxes to the new house. On the way we passed a house that looked like it was in the process of a remodel. In the front yard there was a large pile of large trash, and being the accomplished dumpster diver that I am, I ran a practiced eye over the heap looking for anything salvageable.

Look what I saw and subsequently did a screeching u-turn for!
Pretty cool, right?

The inhabitants of the house even helped me load it! And, as it turns out, they aren't remodeling they just get a lot of donations. The house is really the base of a local prison ministry. :)

I plan on recovering it to match our living room. Something wild like this or a solid cream/red with crazy throw pillows. Whatever I find on sale or for free on the side of the road;)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you def need to change the color!! :) Otto holding his head up sooo high.

    ReplyDelete