Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Watchout Walmart!

Here comes HEB!

This morning Otto and I took a trip down to Burleson to check out the brand new HEB that opened on Friday. I can not tell you how exciting this is! Grocery stores are one of my favorite places to be, and even though I have three (Walmart, Albertson's and Kroger) within five minutes of our apartment, we drove 26.1 miles because HEB is AWESOME.  And trust me, this store did not disappoint:)
Isn't it beautiful!?
Otto didn't want to miss a thing. We left at naptime and he fell asleep in the car and I assumed that he would sleep through the store visit. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot he woke up and was wide eyed the entire time we were inside. When we left, he immediately conked out.
The inside of the store was amazing, very traditional HEB setup, something I've been missing since our move from central Texas in December. I felt like a kid in a candy store at Christmas. And yes, I brought my huge camera in and took pictures. Nobody seemed to mind:)
I asked a manager to help me find the ground chicken, and ended up having a conversation about their expansion plans in the metroplex. The next store opening is in Granberry, and Weatherford will be shortly after! Within 3-5 years they plan on opening 20-30 stores. WOOT!!!

 A few weeks ago I found milk at Walmart for .99 cents a gallon. I was shocked, and sent a text to my Dad asking for answers. (He runs a milk plant) He assumed it was because of the pressure of Aldi opening. I think HEB is going to increase the competition just a bit. Look at this!
 That's right, .78 a gallon for milk! Insane. The gentleman in front of me was buying seven gallons and he lives in Waco and has an HEB:)

I just thought this was funny. At the check out you could buy a single serve for a dollar. Crazy.

What we really came for--pumpkins! We're ready for our photo shoot Sarah!

And because no post is complete without lots of Otto cuteness, here is a video of him talking to the loveseat.
video

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to tell Dad about the milk.....Expect a phone call ; )
    Tell Otto his *Favorite Aunt* says Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! He's SO SWEETTTT. He had that look because he though he was going in for more shots... :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I just paid like $2 and something for milk at walmart!!!! What the mess! I cannot believe you found it so cheap! Seriously! We need that to head this way some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Otto seems to have outgrown his outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! And I can't wait to see the pics Sarah gets of Otto in a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete