Saturday, July 31, 2010

Want some free Starbucks?

Just have a baby!

On the way home from Otto's appointment with the pediatrician, I spotted a Starbucks across the street. Now, I haven't had coffee since last September. That's a long time. A really long time. So we stopped. Otto was still a little aggravated from having to put his clothes back on, and I'm not ready to take him into public restaurant, so he and Chris stayed with the car. In fact they danced outside the car, enjoying the sun while I ran inside. (Almost ran, I'm getting faster all the time!)

The barista, a over the top friendly type, ask how I was. I replied I was fantastic and so excited about my order. I explained I hadn't had coffee in months because I had just had a baby. He looked shocked, people aren't supposed to live without coffee! He gave me my coffee on the house as a congratulations/welcome back present!


Free coffee tastes better!

2 comments:

  1. Way to use your baby LYDIA!
    Justkiddin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby must be reallly tieing you up..... I want info!


    Thanks!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete