Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thirty Nine Weeks


...who'd of thunk it?

Definitely not me! I was praying to make it to July 1st, but preparing mentally for a June baby. And here we are on July 8th and still no baby! Dang. 

So how about some highlights from the 39th week? 

Pregnancy Highlights
How far along? 39 weeks! Cross your fingers that he decides to make his appearance this week!
How big is Baby? I thought he was big last week. HA! The belly has really rounded out and looks completely disproportionate to my body. Add that to the swelling, and I have no idea how big this guy is going to be.
Total weight gain/loss:
Plus three pounds this week. But I really think it's water weight. Seriously, I'm not just trying to make myself feel better. My feet have turned into beasts. They now match the rest of my body.
Maternity clothes?
I am out growing them all. But according to my Mom, when he drops, things will begin to fit again. If he ever decides to drop.

Stretch marks?
It's a miracle, they completely went away!
Sleep: Comes and goes. Great night, followed by the worst night ever. And I am a skilled sleeper people, it takes quite a bit for me not to be able to sleep.

Best moment this week:
Visiting family:) Who doesn't like to play with babies?
Movement: Still there, but shorter and less violent. Trust me, it used to be violent. We have started monitoring his movements per the doctor's request. He needs to move at least ten times in an hour, if he doesn't we win a trip to the doctor's office for fetal monitoring. It generally takes him ten minutes. What can I say, our child is an overachiever.
Food cravings:
Turkey sandwiches and Red Delicious apples. Which is a little strange because I'm generally a Granny Smith kinda girl.
Gender: Boy:)

Labor Signs:
A total of seven contractions. That's it. Grr.
Belly Button in or out?
I think it's really beginning to enjoy being an outie. Better view I guess.
What I am looking forward to:
Being one person again and getting to drink coffee. We went into a Starbucks today and I seriously almost passed out from the delicious fumes. It was heavenly. Oh yes, and possibly beating all of my mother's gestational records in one try...we just have to make it to forty-two weeks. Bring it on.
Milestones: Making it another week without splitting in half!

PS: I'm not trying to come across as a whiny pregnant person who doesn't appreciated the amazing feat my body is currently completing. I'm just documenting for future reference. Like for when we are trying to decide if baby number two will be adopted or if we'll try this grow-a-baby thing again. :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Maybe you should still be praying for a July baby... *Ducks*

    But seriously now, I love-love July people and I LOVE August people so it doesn't matter to me either way. (I'm kinda ambivalent about June people...way to dodge a bullet there.)

    ReplyDelete