Monday, July 12, 2010

Super Genius!

...that would not be me.

This morning was our final (finger's crossed) prenatal appointment. And being the super smart and organized person that I am, I managed to miss it. Because I had left my car keys in the car! And I couldn't call and say I had misplaced my keys, because I knew exactly where they were...locked safely in the vehicle. In my defense, Chris was driving yesterday and using his set, so I hid my keys under the seat (didn't have my purse) and didn't remember to bring them in last night. Out of sight, out of mind.

Thankfully, I have a very sweet husband with an understanding boss. Chris came home to pick me up and we made it to our rescheduled appointment. Everything about the munchkin looks great; heart beat in the 150's, measuring on track, still dilated one whole stinking centimeter, and eighty percent effaced. His head is engaged now, so maybe just maybe we are getting closer to an outside baby.

But for now the plan is to wait and see what he decides to do. The obstetrician would be comfortable with an induction at this point based on his development, but gave us two options if we make it past his due date.

Option one: Schedule an induction at forty weeks.

Option two: Ultrasound at forty weeks one day to check his living environment, (fluid levels, placental age, blood flow...) and with a positive report, continue to wait for a natural labor.

Umm, I'll take option number two. Physically I'm not that miserable and if he needs to cook we're going to let him. So Friday at four we have an ultrasound scheduled. Woot, woot! Lisa, want to come? (You'll still be here because I plan on keeping you forever after we drop Jackie and Addison off at the airport. :) You might want to tell your boss that you'll be working from the Fort Worth office from now on.)

Oh yes, my sister-in-law delivered my niece at 39 weeks 1 day and Addison weighed nine pounds thirteen ounces. We are currently at 39 weeks 4 days. *swallows tongue*

3 comments:

  1. Mom went into labor with Hannah after an exam, maybe today will be your day!

    He's gonna be smaller then 9lbs 13oz, I'll bet you on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sarah, I'm guessing no bigger than 8ish lbs. :) Good luck to you, I hope you (or someone else) can blog or Facebook to let people know! Eh who am I kidding, Sarah probably has that covered, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lydia, You have to promise to let Lisa come back, or we just won't let her come at all!! We love her too you know. Best of luck with the arrival of your little guy. We will be praying for you.

    Deborah Cade Nail

    ReplyDelete