Thursday, July 15, 2010

Forty Weeks...That's TEN Whole Months!

Are you listening little guy? That means you can come out and join us!

Wow. Forty weeks. I would have never guessed we would have made it this far; I'm going to blame the additional minerals that my Mom made me take. In the long run I'll probably be thankful for them and the fact that he was able to develop longer, but as of today they are getting poured down the drain! I'm done.

But we have had some interesting developments in the last 24hours, so how about some highlights about the last week and possibly a picture to commemorate the event? (Warning: TMI ahead)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: Forty weeks! That's code for done.
How big is baby: Ginormous. 
Weight gain/loss: They didn't ever bother to tell me at the last doctor's appointment. Probably didn't want to panic me. But at this point, who cares?!
Maternity clothes: Most don't fit anymore. And the ones that do I am constantly washing just in case I have to add them to the hospital bag quickly. 
Stretch marks: Really itchy this week, what is up with that? 
Sleep: Surprisingly good. But I've been waking up way too early ready for the day. 
Best Moment of the Week: See labor signs. Pretty awesome and gross. 
Movement: He's a stellar little mover. Pokes and prods me all the time to make sure I'm still awake. 
Food Cravings: These frozen cherries that I'm munching on are pretty good. And did you know that Blue Bell makes Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream bars now? They do. 
Gender: Boy. But we are prepared with a name if it's a girl. You know, just in case. 
Labor Signs: Why yes, finally. Lower back soreness, sporadic braxton hicks, and the mucous plug is gone! Totally gross, but really awesome at the same time. Chris was not impressed. If you are really interested, email me for a full description, just be warned I will not spare the details:)
Belly button in or out: Still out. It may never recover. 
What I am Looking Forward too: Finishing his room! I really think that is what he is waiting on:) My Mom and Mother-in-law are both coming to visit (and take my sister-in-law and niece to the airport) tonight and bringing his furniture with them...I going to be up late tonight reorganizing!
Daddy: Doing quite well. Although I think he is getting a little excited/nervous/I need to be prepared. He has been staying late at work to tie up some small projects, and says that his boss asks him every day if the baby is here yet. Apparently, he didn't realize that babies can arrive after their due dates.  

Picture to come! After I shower people, the vanity hasn't been completely lost yet:) 

6 comments:

  1. thanks - i found them at big lots of all places for $7 a piece!! very happy with that bargain. i looked at bedbath, walmart, target etc and just could make myself pay $20 - $30 a pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have been trying to comment, but it like is all weird and deletes it sorta. Sooo, I know those bars are so good! Abbey and I think that the outer chocolate should be milk, not so much dark chocolate... ! Yep, uh, Oh speaking of making money, I made *Counting money I haven't been paid yet ($20)-I'll make ten more tonight-*
    all added $80, in three days!!! Not counting tonights $10 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um yeah . . . never saw a picture today . . .hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOOOOO!!! + I'll be emailing you about the Hello my name is...Onesie you just won!! ::jumps up and down in excitement for you::

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um lydia we need updates even through the weekend . . i mean u could be in labor now!

    ReplyDelete