Monday, June 14, 2010

Wife of the Year

...I am not.

I had a good day today...did some grocery shopping, blogging, a little light cleaning, prepared for our last Bradley class that is tonight. Pregnancy wise I was feeling pretty good except for the heartburn induce by one little bitty tiny peppermint. But that's another story. But overall a good day. I started dinner early because we are taking a meal to the couple in our Bradley class that had their baby last week. (Potato soup, french bread, green salad, and strawberries)

So there I was, happy as a clam, cooking away when there is a rather frantic knock at the door and the lower lock being unlocked hurriedly. Let me enter a side note here...my cell phone was on vibrate and in my purse, the last time I had checked it was at twelve thirty when I got home from the store...and the door was locked and dead bolted. I opened the door to find a sweaty, frustrated looking Chris. At four pm. An hour and a half before he normally gets home. Immediately I think something is wrong, he even looked a nauseated. When I asked if he was okay, he reply, " I am, now!"

Oh but I suck. Suck bad.

Apparently he had tried calling me at lunch to check on me and get some dates of doctor's appointments for his work calendar. I didn't answer and he left a message. (The phone was on vibrate and I was shopping!) He thought that possibly my purse and keys had been locked in the car overnight and I was just stuck at home or didn't hear the phone. No worries, right?  But then he tried calling again when I didn't call back. At 1:30 and 2:30 and 3:30...and when I didn't pick up then he decided to leave work early and come check on me.  (Don't think that he's over the top, I am generally very good at calling back and I am thirty-five weeks pregnant. And last night might have been complaining about feeling funny and super tired.) So he drives home. Thirty minutes in a truck with no air conditioner, thinking his crazy, pregnant, klutzy-to-the-max wife has had some sort of emergency. As he is pulling into our apartment complex he sees several police cars and a Care Flight helicopter. I think that's when the panic really set in. And to top it off, both locks were locked to he couldn't get into the apartment. Needless to say, when I started laughing when he explained himself he wasn't amused. At all.

So from now on my phone will be on RING at all times. 

And I have no idea who all the emergency personnel were really for.

And according to Chris he wasn't panicked, he was prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Chris, he has earned points here...
    Michael~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Poor guy! I'm glad you have such a caring hubby though!! :)

    ReplyDelete