Monday, June 21, 2010

Progress!

The appointment this morning went well...immensely awkward, but uplifting at the same time:)

Here are the stats:
  • Dilated one centimeter. (What! I was fully prepared to wait a few more weeks before this happened.)
  • 50% effaced.
  • GBS test completed. (Man, am I glad to have that over with...the dread has been building for weeks.)
  • Head down! But not engaged. In fact she said that he is still 'floating'. (Totally okay with me, he needs to stay in there until at least July 1st. The goal is a July baby people!)
  • Heart rate: 150 bpm
  • Measuring between 36 and 36 1/2 weeks, so back on track!
 Chris went with me for moral support, which I greatly appreciated. Doctor's visits really weird me out. He was significantly impressed (and relieved) that the little guy was head down. A scheduled c-section would have made him squirm/throw-up. In his words we are one tenth of the way done!

I am fully aware that this means just about nothing, and that we could very well still be pregnant in a month.(God forbid!)  But it was fun to see some progress when we weren't expecting it!

Now I'm off to skip some rope and play on the pogo stick...kidding, I'm just going to the post office:)

2 comments:

  1. Awww yay! You are so close! You let me know when you want your blog revamped...I don't know how much time you'll have to even think about it in a few weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO stoked for you guys. I have a feeling that those Giles genes will give you great birthing skills.

    ReplyDelete