Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chris says the darndest things.

Yesterday was a fat day. We're talking major water retention here; I couldn't get my wedding ring to budge when on Tuesday it slid off no problem. I tried increasing my water intake, walking, resting with my feet up--nothing worked. By bed time I was still puffed up like a toad. Chris wasn't sympathetic. When I complained that my toes looked like sausages, he replied that they looked normal to him. Ouch. * strike one*

Then we started talking about overall weight gain. At my last check-up I was still holding steady with a past weigh in, and yesterday I took the scale out of the closet (were it has been banished) because I was having a pity party and feeling HUGE. Nothing, not a single pound. When I relayed this to Chris, he looked me up and down and said, "Well, that can't be right." *head explodes, strike two* Dude, seriously!? I'm thirty weeks pregnant, I've gained weight, I know that. But don't agree with me!

To give the guy some credit, he really didn't mean it that way. He rapidly explained that he meant I should be gaining weight at this point because the baby is rapidly increasing in size. He knows, he's been reading the books. But to see him go from commenting to a facial expression of absolute horror when he realized what he'd said was priceless:) Lucky for him, I laughed through his entire explanation and didn't go pregnant lady crazy on his tail. (Mom, I'm really very nice to Chris, I promise.)

And today everything is back to normal, I just took my ring off no problemo.

Week Thirty Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks!
Size of baby: Three pounds, and roughly 17 inches long.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: We're up 26 pounds. Impressive, right Israel?
Maternity Clothes: Its depressing to try to put on anything else. I tried on a pre-baby swimsuit yesterday, ha.ha.ha.
Gender: Going with boy;) But have recently been wondering what we would name a surprise girl. I think we both actually agree on the name, its easier when there's no pressure!
Movement: Pretty consistent throughout the day, you can tell that space is getting limited because instead of kicking and punching, he stretches and slides around. Makes the belly look like it's doing the wave:)
Food Cravings: Pecan pie is delicious but gives me heartburn.
What I miss: Having a larger selection of clothing. Not a selection of larger clothing.
Sleep: Still pretty fantastic, although I occasionally wake up hot. (Read:: sweating like a pig. Hmmm, maybe that's where all that water weight went last night...)
Symptoms: Crazy dreams, heartburn from H-E-double hockey sticks, pelvic bone shifting that makes me waddle, gorgeous stretch marks, and excessive thirst.
Best Moment this week: The pool opening. Worst moment this week? Shopping for a swimsuit.
What I am looking forward to: Our appointment next Monday and organizing the second bedroom with Chris:)

2 comments:

  1. "Best Moment this week: The pool opening. Worst moment this week? Shopping for a swimsuit."

    So in the interim, you're skinny dipping? AHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete