Tuesday, April 20, 2010

House Pets

Look how well our vegetables are doing!
We are growing five pepper plants and three tomatoes. And they look like they are actually going to make it! *crosses fingers and throws salt over left shoulder* I believe that Chris hopes we will be so successful we have to make hot sauce.
Here are the tomatoes that have caused me quite a bit of stress. The two on the right were recommended for patio growth and are doing quite nicely after an initial scare which turned out to be a nitrogen deficiency. Thank you Dr. Google. But the little guy on the left has caused the most trouble. For starters I think he needs more sun, not much I can do about that. Also, I didn't realize until after I brought him home that he is actually two plants; so he is constantly competing with himself for nutrients and pot space. Then his leaves started to turn yellow and fall off! One emotional break down and a trip to the hardware store for special plant food later, he has started to make a comeback. Can you tell I need to get a life? :) (Yes Michael, I cried over a plant.)
And look! He may be the most stunt/starved/deprived plant we have, but he's doing his job! I kid you not, I called Chris at work about those little guys.:)

Oh yes, I really need to get a life.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, wow, that's sad... :) I like your waterers! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy. This does not bode well for me. All your life if you got hormonal you cried, but for me if I feel hormonal I get mad... *reconsiders plans to ever be pregnant*

    Can you see it now? "And that stupid plant wouldn't grow to I punt kicked it off the balcony and stopped the flower pot into oblivion." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! I've totally got a black thumb so plants will be minimal for me! And I'm definitely getting those watering globe things when/if I do try to grow plants!!

    ReplyDelete