Thursday, March 25, 2010

Viability Day! So you're telling me there's a chance...

(Name that quote, Michael!)

How Far Along:
24 weeks! The munchkin would have a fifty percent chance of making it! Not that we are planning his arrival anytime soon, but it is nice to know:) (Good grief, he better not show up anytime soon...we are NOT ready!)
Size of baby: Little over a pound, about the size of a pound of butter. Wouldn't Paula Dean be proud?
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds. Yikes! I know it's for a good cause, but gee whiz, weighing more than Chris is hard! And he hasn't been making it easier. For the last week he has been doing a regimen of sit-ups/push-ups before bed, because he noticed that his stomach was a little 'poochy'. HIS STOMACH!? Let's make this a contest buddy, I'll beat you any day of the week. Blindfolded and upside down. He also made a reference to a portion of his upper anatomy being similar to Daniel Craig's. Gotcha beat in that department too, rub it in will you?
Maternity Clothes: I prefer to wear pajamas all day, thank you very much. I tried shopping for maternity clothes; epic fail.
Gender: Boy! Still nameless at this point. Suggestions?
Movement: Getting stronger by the day:) And I am beginning to recognize patterns. When he first wakes up (late at night, imagine that!) he moves his feet first, then slowly transitions to full body stretches. Just like Chris!
Food Cravings: Some days I'd just like to break down and have that Dr. Pepper.
What I miss: Dr. Pepper. This kid owes me several.
Sleep: Great while I am asleep. If I wake up *cough, cough Chris's alarm clock*, I'm up for the day. Oh woe is me, I have to keep the same hours as the person bringing in the bacon.
Symptoms: Heartburn, and I'm beginning to notice the additional blood/fluids, definitely a puffier person overall.
Best Moment this week: See above title.
What I am looking forward to: Umm...July 15th?

Next up, the great disappearing belly button!

5 comments:

  1. Woot, woot! Viability day baby!

    Okay, so if Hannah was 6 weeks early by mom's calculations and 8 weeks early by the doctors and you followed the same trajectory...we could have this kid by May 15th or your Anniversary by the latest! Dang! Better get on this nesting woman!

    (Although please note I'm hoping for photo scheduling purposes that you go to or even past your due date.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's a Dumb and Dumber quote, but, I'm not sure. That's not my movie as much... "Man, where did you learn that!?" "Oh! I saw it in a movie, they catch up with them a half mile down the road and slit there throats!" : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. Did you have to Google it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I sorry, I FAILED. SNIFF* I haven't really watched the entire film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! That is wonderful! Now, you have to make it to 37 weeks! I hope you have a big, healthy, full-term baby!!

    ReplyDelete