Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The symptoms are out to get me

I'm a bit of a worrier. *insert sarcasm about the word bit here* I need to know the details, how the story ends. I only watch romantic comedies and Pixar films for this very reason.
Pregnancy does not help. For the first sixteen weeks I panicked about not getting to proper nutrition, about being too sick, and not getting into the Doctor's office until fourteen weeks. (We were in the process of moving and that was the first available appointment.) When the morning/all day sickness began to fade I didn’t even stop to enjoy it, I was too afraid that my hormone levels were plummeting and the baby didn’t stand a chance. I even talked my husband into not telling our families until we were out of the first trimester. I wanted to wait until the end of the second, you know, just in case. What can I say? I’m a hot mess.
We live two and a half hours away, I still think that we could have pulled off a surprise delivery.
Needless to say, normal pregnancy signs are the best thing ever. Except for the dry heaving in the kitchen sick, morning sickness was a positive affirmation. Dry itchy skin that makes you want to scratch in public? Yes please. Baby bump that moves? SWEET! Sudden affinity for pretzels, which I have never liked? Absolutely.
Which leads us to the newest symptom. Linea nigra. You would think I would rejoice, check it off the list and wait for the next positive sign? Oh no, not this girl. It’s stinking crooked—AAAAAAA! Does this mean that baby Weldy is going to come out off kilter? Walk with a limp? *faints*
Guess what? Ever after all the drama, tears, and meltdowns, we’re still pregnant. Twenty weeks and five whole days. Perhaps God is trying to show me something?
* Booming God voice* CALM THE FREAK DOWN! I’VE GOT THIS.
Because we all know that God uses words like freak. At least when He is talking to me He does, it’s the only way to communicate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment