Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Half way to 50. Wait, you're only pregnant for 40 weeks, right?

(...a little early, I'm taking a road trip with my niece and sister-in-law tomorrow!)

How Far Along:
25 weeks!
Size of baby: About a pound and a half. Getting pretty chunky.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds. Holding steady, much to my relief.
Maternity Clothes: The pre-pregnancy jeans are biting the dust, even with the belly band. So I am down to four dresses, one pair of shorts, and two tops that fit. But I will not break down and buy more. Not yet. I know maternity clothes have come a long way, but they still aren't the cutest. :(
Gender: Boy! Still nameless at this point. Suggestions?
Movement: He has his good days when he behaves like I think he should, and days where he must sleep 24/7. I am not a fan of those days. And Chris won't let me have even one sip of caffeine to wake him up, darn him.
Food Cravings: None really, but I am missing just eating vegetables. I have been monitoring my protein intake, trying to eat between 80-100 grams a day. What a chore! If I didn't like meat before (totally didn't), I despise it now!
What I miss: Dr. Pepper. And flopping down on my stomach whenever I wanted.
Sleep: Pretty good this week, but I have felt like napping in the afternoons. I only succumbed once, promise.
Symptoms: Fluid retention. Sucks.
Best Moment this week: Seeing the in-laws when they visited this weekend. :) Didn't write about that, did I? Oops!
What I am looking forward to: The pool at our apartment complex opening. I saw the maintenance man cleaning it yesterday, hopefully that means soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a meataholic! Sorry you're having to stomach it when you don't want to though!

    (obviously) We like different names. We really wanted to be sure that our child wouldn't be one of 10 kids in their class with the same name, so even though I loved the name Jackson, we opted for something different. There were 4 kids named Jackson in the pre-K class I was teaching alone! That said, our favorite boy names are Harrison, Griffin, Hudson, and Jamison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buck. That's good. Or Bruce, Drake, Bull, Sire,(JK) you get the picture. Masculine names... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity would like me to point out (again) that if you use her names before she gets a chance to she will HUNT YOU DOWN (emphasis hers)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete